Cambridge Primary Review
Complete list of CPR books, reports, briefings, articles, lectures and media releases from 2006-12, many of them downloadable, at CPR.
Cambridge Primary Review Trust
Primary Colours: Westminster postcards from the Cambridge Primary Review Trust. Find out more.
Order a bound copy for your school, university, library or personal use (£10 inclusive of postage and packaging)
CPRT Research Reports and Briefings
McNamara, O., Murray, J., Phillips, R. (February 2017) Policy and Research Evidence in the ‘Reform’ of Primary Initial Teacher Education in England. York: Cambridge Primary Review Trust. Report / Briefing
Reports and briefings updating CPR’s research reviews in four other priority areas are in preparation. Further details of these projects can be found here.
Primary Curriculum 2014: developing an outstanding curriculum in your school (DVD) (please note that this link is to a short section of the video only; the full video is available to delegates of the Primary Curriculum 2014 conferences)
Responses and submissions to official consultations
DfE consultation on a World Class Teaching Profession, February 3rd 2015.
DfE performance descriptors for KS1/2, December 19th 2014.
DfE’s use of evidence, December 17th 2014.
DfE’s primary assessment and accountability proposals, October 11th 2013.
DfE National Curriculum Review: Spoken language consultation, April 16th 2013.
DfE Review of Teachers’ Standards (Phase 2), September 6th 2011.
DfE Review of Teachers’ Standards, May 1st 2011.
National Curriculum Review: Phase 1B, April 14th 2011.
DfE’s National Curriculum Review, April 14th 2011.
Key Stage 2 Testing and Accountability Review, January 20th 2011.
Lectures and Articles About CPR/CPRT Since 2012
- What works and what matters: education in spite of policy. Keynote at CPRT’s national conference – Primary Education: what is and what might be. London, 18 November 2016.
- Preperation for What? Primary to secondary and beyond. Keynote at Annual Conference of the Association of School and College Leaders (ASCL). Birmingham, 5 March 2016.
- Evidence, policy and the reform of primary education: a cautionary tale. The 2014 Godfrey Thomson Trust Lecture. University of Edinburgh, 13 May 2014 Forum – 2014 Edinburgh as published
- The best that had been thought and said? Making a difference with the Cambridge Primary Review Trust. Keynote from launch event for CPRT and its partnership with Pearson, British Academy, London. 23 September 2013 Launch_RJA_keynote_F.pdf
- Neither National Nor a Curriculum? Forum. Volume 54, Number 3. 2012 Neither-National-Nor-a-Curriculum.pdf
- Visions of education, roads to reform: the global educational race and the Cambridge Primary Review Trust Conference keynote, Universidad Gabriela Mistral, Santiago, Chile 30 October 2012 Alexander_Chile_GMU_lecture_1_121030.pdf (English) http://www.robinalexander.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Alexander-Visiones-de-Education.pdf (Spanish)
- International evidence, national policy and classroom practice: questions of judgement, vision and trust. Keynote at Third Van Leer International Conference on Education, Jerusalem. 24 May 2012 20120524_Van_Leer_Alexander.pdf (English) 20120524_Van_Leer_Alexander_רובין אלכסנדר.pdf (Hebrew)
- Entitlement, freedom, minimalism and essential knowledge: can the curriculum circle be squared? CPPS Westminster Seminar Keynote, London 23 April 2012 20120423_CPPS_text_Alexander.pdf
Previous lectures from 2006 to 2012 can be found here.
Media releases relating to the Cambridge Primary Review Trust can be found here.
Previous media releases 2006 to 2012 can be found here.